SE Basic 3
A downloadable tool
SE Basic 3 is an open source replacement firmware for the ZX Spectrum and clones that includes many improvements over the original, while retaining a high level of compatibility. Some of the highlights are:
Version 3.2 has the following changes from the previously released 3.12:
- Compatibility improvements:
- Replaced Geneva Mono font with Jupiter81 font.
- Restored UDGs to original location.
- Changed boot colors to black on white.
- Swapped bytes at 04D0 / 04D1 to support tape traps.
- Reincorporated external data into the main assembly file.
- Switched default compiler back to Pasmo.
- Verified entry points against esxDOS 0.8.5 disassembly.
The download now includes a .tap version for use with the Spectrum +2A.
Virtual tape support under esxDOS is unstable at best.
Click download now to get access to the following files: