A downloadable tool
A replacement firmware for 128K Spectrums based on version 1.4 of the Derby development ROM.
Sky In-Home Service Ltd has kindly given its permission for the redistribution of its copyrighted material but retains that copyright.
Use of this software in unlicensed hardware is prohibited.
The Spectrum 128 was a Spanish machine commissioned by Investronica and launched in 1985. It shipped with a keypad that provided additional editing keys. The UK version got a dumbed down ROM and no keypad. Derby+ is an enhanced version of the ROM that shipped with the Spanish machine. It has the following features:
- 48 mode ROM is 100% compatible with the original ROM (because it is the original ROM).
- Use all UDGs in 128 BASIC.
- Hold down BREAK during power on or reset to boot into 48 mode.
- Hold down ENTER during power on or reset to autoload a tape.
- When CAPS LOCK is off, lower case text is tokenized.
- Will run software compiled with HiSoft BASIC 128 (although not the editor itself).
- New mapping of extra editing keys.
- Fully bug-fixed and optimized editor.
It has the following features in common with the Spanish machine:
- Full-screen string editor.
- Running calculator (use from BASIC as if you were in the calculator option on the UK machine).
- Five new direct commands.
- PLAY and SPECTRUM commands.
- Use keywords as variables by entering them in lower or mixed case (when CAPS LOCK is on).
- Use embedded control codes.
- Set the INK and PAPER colors of the editor.
- Much faster editor than the UK machine.